Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bushy Park 5k - 12 Jan 08

Well, we finally did it. My wife and I made it out the door before midday on a Saturday and this time not even to go to town to do shopping. Nope. Instead, we went up the nearby Bushy Park and ran our first 5km time trial together.

It was an early, slightly cold, but dry and sunny start to the day. We were both a bit nervous and I remember Elmarie turning to me at one point and saying: "Why did I let you talk me into this?". (Little did she know that I was asking myself that very same question)

We were not the only ones there, and soon realized how popular this event actually has become. From it's humble beginnings with only 13 people, we were set to start the race today with over 400.

The race itself went off without a hitch and I remember the end arriving a lot sooner than I thought, finishing in at 191st with a time of 24:41. Elmarie did a personal best of 32:35.

With that first one under our belts, it's time to kick it up a notch and start working towards the next 10km run on Feb 10th in Surrey.

No comments: